Head lice

I think I may have found 2 nits in my hair, but unsure because I've never really seen one before. I have very dry scalp with LOTS of Dandruf, so my head itches a lot anyway. I went through my DD's hair and didn't see anything, and since she sleeps with me most nights (been having bad nightmares)I figured if I had something so would she?!?!? Should I treat our hair anyway and clean the house for bugs???? I have hair to my waist and don't want to deal with bugs.

Also, is there anything I can do to prevent them??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Health

• LIce eggs are commonly found behind the ears & hairline. They look like dandruff,however, it is stuck to the hair shaft, whereas dandruff or dry scalp flakes off. If you do have lice eventually you will have them running around on your scalp. I have heard that your head is extremely itchy. Have you switched hair products recently, it could just be an allergic reaction. To help prevent lice using tea tree shampoo is a safe natural preventative. If you do have it go to the pharmacy & get a lice treatment shampoo & treat everyone in the family. Wash sheets in hot water, bag stuffed animals in plastic bags & store them away for awhile. Clean the whole house coats, hats, etc. it is extremely contagious. Have someone else take a look at your scalp if you are still unsure consult a doctor. Good luck & I hope that helps.
    Anonymous

• Hair Lice

What does lice look like - Extensive photos of lice. Includes lice pictures as adults, nymphs and nits. General information and treatment recommendations. ...
    www.healthy-skin-guide.com/hair-lice.html -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:45 PM on Oct. 17, 2008