I have a Acer aspire one computer and my virus protection is out..i have to renew

and to buy it online its like 60 dollars or so..but you can buy it at wal mart for like 30 but my computer doesnt have a place for a cd..its just a small computer..so is there a way to renew it without ordering it online?

Brittney20

Asked by Brittney20 at 2:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Shopping

• You can download Avast virus protection from download.com.
    It is a free program, and is better than Mcafee..
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I use avast antivirus and it's free- think we downloaded it off download.com

you don't have to pay for antivirus-
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My SO is a computer guy and I have loads of protection that he put on my computer for free.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Do AVAST.... free and awesome!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Actually, download Avast, Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware and you are good to go! All FREE .... and sooo much better that McAfee, which I am dumping from my hubby's laptop in three days when the McAfee runs out! Get rid of Internet Explorer...get yourself FireFox with Adblock Plus and WOT and you have cut your potential for virus by at least 85%.... Dump Microsoft... and you could go without! LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 2:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I use Norton and it is awesome. I purchased 3 downloads from Ebay and it cost me about $16.99. Not sure about how well the free ones work but from my experience before, not as good. Check out my review of Norton 360 at http://hubpages.com/hub/Cheap-Anti-Virus-Protection. With my kids downloading games all of the time from who knows where, I had to do something. I think they are a little bit more expensive now from when I bought mine in February but well worth the investment and headaches.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 3:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010