anyone know of a place to get a loan ? more info

So my Dh doesnt make enough money. we dont buy things we dont need. we pay off our bills, the car payment, car insurance. health insurance is free. He is in the Army. I do not work, i been applying no luck. i have very very little experience. i had two part time jobs when i was 18 and 19.. both i quit within a month. i just hate working, but now i am trying to find a job. I have 60 or less in checking, all our credit cards and bills are a lot. we cant get loans from credit unions or our own bank USAA. they say we have a bad ratio? & 2 many revolving credits. we need money to pay off Creditcards. we wont have shit for the holidays for presents(we dont celebrate xmas) but still get stuff. my 5 month old needs new clothes. no i wont do hand me downs. dont bash me. i need a credible company that works with our type of credit we have now. plz i need links etc

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• If he is active duty Army, the best thing to do is to go to the finance office on post and they can give you some great advice.

Also, look up militaryonesource.com
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• What about Pioneer Military Lending? We have taken a few loans out through them over the years. Or can you get someone to co-sign a consolidation loan for you? My FIL just cosigned a consolidation loan for our credit card debt through USAA. That's the only thing I can think of. However, if you go that route, you have to cancel your cards or you will be in a worse situation than you are in now.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If your credit ratio is bad then you probably dont have alot of options except One of those shady loan places usually alot near military bases where they charge you an ungodly amount of intrest. I wouldnt suggest doing that if you dont even have money to buy your baby clothes, that would just put you further behind. I suggest checking out the dave ramsey website.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You can't borrow your way out of debt. With low income no one worth borrowing from is going to loan you money that isn't going to cause way more trouble for you. I'm sure there are companies out there that will loan to you, my dh was in the army and i use to work for a payday lender. Yeah, we would loan to people but it wasn't much fun when we were calling their CO's to haul them in there to pay us off. I have been in your shoes and speaking from experience here I would swallow your pride, take some hand me downs if you need them, stop borrowing, and focus on finding a job. I'm not trying to be a smart ass either.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I also agree w/dave ramsey. Helped us tremendously! i think i spelled that wrong. lol oh well
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 2:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• credit unions... my hubby is navy and we got a good loan with small payments. helped us out alot! good luck
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 2:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• op here-I cant go with a credit union. they want 150 a month just to pay off 1 card. Two, they want you to pay before the service member gets out of the army so they get there money. Three, my husband is getting out of the army by summer of next year or oct 2011.. He isnt wanting to re enlist or even take the $3500 bonus. He says so i can pay off the bills and get more bills later? I said to him we wont have more because we would of paid off everything. Meaning pay everything off with income tax and then his regular paycheck and then his bonus money. He isnt interested in staying in the army
    busybumblebe848

Answer by busybumblebe848 at 2:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Most people don't like working or hand-me downs. A job and some gently worn clothing are something to be thankful for and not looked down upon. If you get a job at a place like Target you will have access to the best sales and an employee discount.

"My DH doesn't make enough money" and you have credit carded your way into a mess. You need a serious reality check about the lifestyle you can afford. I suggest you look into some Suzy Orman books/website, contact a consumer credit agensy and start a cash only policy before you borrow away your future. A few hand-me downs and one nice holiday gift are fine for a 5month old.

Wake up and realize you are not backed by Paris Hilton... and you will have to make consessions.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 2:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am just curious, why no hand me downs? Not bashing. But you could probably go to thrift and get her everything she needs for like twenty bucks. You can't expect to have champagne taste on a beer budget.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Look Niki_sd first off quit making assumptions on how i spend money. All the debt we are in isnt because of me okay lady.. it is because my husband. He has stopped using the cards because there maxed out, he knows he cant afford it. I am not the one who maxed these cards up, i am not the one who wastes money on shit i dont need.
    busybumblebe848

Answer by busybumblebe848 at 2:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010