DIAPER RASH!!!

My son is 13 months old and has a bad problem with diaper rash. at first i was using generic creme, now desitin, his poor bottom has actually bled from the rashes he gets. is there something to clean it up that works really really well?

spazlilsister

Asked by spazlilsister at 2:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• change diaper brand... or even go to cloth. i was allergic to diapers as a child
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 2:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Bag Balm.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 2:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Time without a diaper. Buy a flannel backed table cloth and have him play on it with nothing on.

Try some Resinol cream.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Caldesene...its a powder in a pink bottle at most drug stores...I have had it work as quick as one application! Go get some hope he feels better.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 2:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My baby had bad diaper rash it was so bad it also bled sometimes, I tried like everything and the only thing that cleared it up was corn starch, it was all gone within three days.
    MummaMel

Answer by MummaMel at 2:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have used triple paste on my 3 girls works wonders, costs more, but sooooo worth it.
    IASTUDENT

Answer by IASTUDENT at 2:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Corn starch and talc/baby powder are known to contribute to yeast growth.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• This had happen to my son, i bet also his butty is getting drak in color.. I took my son to hs doctor, it was an infection. Lost of babies get it. I forgot the name of it though..take him to his doctor...
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Check with the doctor to see if he/she thinks it might be a yeast-based rash. They can prescribe something like Nystatin to clear it up. Also, if it is yeast-based DO NOT use cornstarch as the yeast feeds on the corn starch powder and will make the rash worse rather than better.

You might also want to try making some home-made wipes, as the alcohol in regular diaper wipes can irritate your son's already sensitive bottom. Here's a website with some recipes. http://www.naturalbirthandbabycare.com/homemade-baby-wipes-recipes.html
    Mary229

Answer by Mary229 at 2:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• could be a sensitivity to the diaper or even a food. Has he tried anything new lately? When my son had diaper rash I always gave him an oatmeal bath! so simple. Get some old fashioned oats, pour it in a small tube sock, tie it up and crush it. Let it run under warm bath water. Oatmeal is very healing to the skin! Worked for my son every time!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010