What do you think?

I read this, and had to share. http://freerangekids.wordpress.com/2010/08/30/thinking-the-worst-first/

"Hi Readers — Let’s take a vow: Let us vow to see men and women as decent until proven otherwise. Let’s vow to interpret their deeds as non-malicious, until proven otherwise. And let us vow not to assume the worst first. Here’s why:"....

coder_chick

Asked by coder_chick at 2:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I am sure there is more press coverage of all types of issues....making people think more of them than there are in reality.

BUT I still am the parent and responsible for my kid, their actions, and what happens to them.

i give my kids freedom with age, maturity level, proven intelligence about worldly situations, and trust worthiness.

Not just b/c I can....that is not parenting.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 2:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My kid is a free-range kid. I agree with her. People think there is more kidnapping. There is just more press coverage.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010