Do you feel that cafemom is a good thing?

I asked a question last night about wether or not it was OK for a 20 year old man to talk to my 12 year old on facebook. Yes... he knew she was 12 and confirmed it back in a message to me on facebook.
But when my daughter read all the replies to the question I asked on here; she was shocked. Shocked enough to remove him and block him from her page.

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 2:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I am not sure I understand your question.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It is a good thing. And glad she sees.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am assuming all these moms said it was not ok to talk with him. I feel at that age whatever you can do works. Yes I feel CM is a place were you can get personal opinions from personal experience, sometimes this is the best advice. Good for you letting her read what other women wrote. Girls her age are easily influenced you used it in a good way. Glad she listened. Good start.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• just talking is harmless in itself, its when it get personal that there might be issues. Personally I'd be worried if my boys were talking to unknown adults online.

It broke my heart a little when my son(11) was talking to a young man he seemed to connect with and had all these things in common with and I'd never seen him have that connection with another person before (he has Autism). But this person was a stranger to me and an adult and something just nagged me about it so we had to cut the contact. My son was just in tears that he'd made a friend and could talk about anything and it was hard. He got over it, but still. its hard being a parent nowadays. You just don't know whats on the other end.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:08 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• yup good for ur kid
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 1:20 AM on Sep. 26, 2010

• This is the strangest question I have seen so I had to answer! Of course we like CafeMom. If we didn't think it was a good thing we would have quit and would not be here to see or answer this question!
    SuperMomtoChloe

Answer by SuperMomtoChloe at 8:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I have not been on here very long, but the advice and suggestions I have gained have helped me see that I am a great mom and that my kids are normal. So a BIG thank you to all the moms on here.
    badmoparmom

Answer by badmoparmom at 12:33 PM on Nov. 30, 2010