Need self-wax help! adult content

I am tired of paying $70 every 4 weeks to get my pubic hair ripped out. I already wax my facial hair. I started to wax my pubes but my neck is about to kill me and I am NOT a contortionist!

How do you see to put the wax on? I can feel to rip it off, LOL

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• have you tried a waxing school in your area? They are typically cheaper..

and while IMO $15 is super cheap for the service.. a school can charge more around $30-50 for this service.

if you aren't goin gto go that route and insist on doing it yourself.. PLEASE PM me. I'm a stylist who is licensed to do waxings... and I really don't want you to rip off a few layers of skin unnecessarily. I'd rather you do it right. I typically don't hand out information like this because I'd rather you went to a waxing technician, but I'd rather see it done right, than wrong as well. so PM me.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• lol...use a makeup mirror and sit on the floor
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Be careful. I have had extensive training in waxing. There is a reason you have to be licensed to offer the service. If you don't choose the right wax, hold the skin tight, and pull back properly in the right direction you will lose skin, and have a huge mess on your hands. I am a professional and wouldn't do it myself. I tried, and it wasn't pretty! lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I only pay $15 for a bikini wax. Find another salon or try nair. I wouldn't wax myself.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I also put a mirror on the floor.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• idk bump
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I do shave my vajayjay.. but unlike most women... I don't get razor bumps or irritation, my hair is unusually soft. I do however, wish I had a solution that lasted longer than shaving every couple or few days.
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 12:09 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• lol, not to mention have you ever tried to shave with a balloon for a belly (when pregnant), lol. it is sooo not easy. I know I have to get some more wax (ran out and haven't had a chance to make it up to cosmo prof) , so yeah I tried this tonight.. wow what an experience..

I think after this I'm going to say screw it until after this baby comes..
    with my daughter I wasn't nearly this big until the last month, and had a bakini wax the last month so it wasn't a big deal.. but yeah.. I still have 12 more weeks of this!!!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Jademom, you wax for the same reasons I do. I've done it myself for about a year now; I do what the ladies above suggested and use a mirror. It also helps if you've got painkillers to take (I've got a bad back, shoulder and knee so there's always a bottle of Vicodin around here) before you do it.
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 8:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I don't bikini wax. I take it all off so nair is out and this is one of the cheapest but still respectable salons around. I live in the corn belt so it's not so popular here.
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010