How much adult stimulation do you get?

I feel like I dont get near enough. I am a stay at home mom and I dont go out any more unless I have to. I get time with my husband and I love it but I need more it feels like. I dont have many friends any more cause I dont go out and not to many want to be around me any more cause I have four children. Well I am just wondering.

Oh when was the last time you had "ME TIME"? I am not sure how to accomplish this either. I think it might help me if I did get out on my own I just feel guilty....

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• me time in my house is hidin in the shower lol and even then if they can't get in they stand at the door and mommy me to death lol and the only time I see any one besides kids ad hubby is when I go to my dads which even though me and hisgf don't get along is becoming more often lol even being around her is better than nothing at this point lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am in the same bout. 4 kids, SAHM...all my friends have only 1 or 2 kids, so we don't get together much. I have gotten really friendly with the mail man though, I sit outside alot with the kids in nice weather, and have been striking up conversations with various people just for the heck of it, lol. Trips to Wal-Mart or Target are like therapy for me, when hubby gets off work and kids are in bed, I go shoppin, usually just fr the necessities, but I spend extra time walking aimlessly through the store just to clear my head. That and reading is about all the "me" time I get.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 3:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You have to MAKE it.... specially if your a sahm. If you dont have it then it is of your own doing.

I started a play group once a week when my oldest was 6 wks old. I have been a sahm for 15.5 yrs and have ALWAYS had something going on with other sahms. The times I felt alone were of my OWN doing.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I get my adult time when I am at work, 20 hours a week. I don't get much else, rarely do I get actual "alone time." And I do feel guilty for wanting it. I have a cheap sitter who will take my son a couple hours a week if I want, but I have been too chicken to do it yet.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am working mom. I am around fellow teachers all day. One reason why I work is I need adult interaction. I also go to grad school so I am around fellow students.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 3:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I work full time and I am a full time student...I get plenty of adult interaction.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 3:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• First off I never feel guilty about spending time away from my DD. SHe needs her space & so do I from time to time. As far as adult interaction, I talk to other adults every day. But to be honest, I do not actually need or want to talk to many other adults. As long as I can talk to my SO, I am good.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 1:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am not a people person. I just don't interact with people well. I tend to not agree on lots of things, or give too much opinion. My husband and kids, I feel sorry for them at times, becuase as soon as they come home, I am using talking non stop about my day. Which I don't understand how I have anything to talk about since I didn't see anyone but the TV, computer and the cat all day. LOL
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 8:28 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• I am not a people person. I just don't interact with people well. I tend to not agree on lots of things, or give too much opinion. My husband and kids, I feel sorry for them at times, because as soon as they come home, I am using talking non stop about my day. Which I don't understand how I have anything to talk about since I didn't see anyone but the TV and computer.... I am exactly the same I cant stand it that is another reason I don't go get my me time lol but at the same time I really want to. Damn disorders
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Sep. 17, 2010