Should we allow teen sleepovers on weekdays?

Sleepovers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• i don't think it's a big deal as long as it's not a school night.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 5:30 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Ditto.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 5:31 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I allow it in the summer time but not on a school night unless someone is staying with us because their parents are out of town or something like that.
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 5:39 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• yes ofcourse since its summer sure i say let them live a little
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• in the summer time i guess it is alright unless you have to be up and out the house early in the morning for work then i would have to say no.
    godsgrace1

Answer by godsgrace1 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• In the summer and on weekends it seems fine. Be sure you know hi friends well and trust that they will follow house rules and respect your property/belongings and make it known that any mess made they will be responsible to clean up. I always need to repeat this over and over to my son. Good Luck!!!
    nan16

Answer by nan16 at 7:59 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• summers def. fine. But during school... NO they'll never get enough sleep... regardless of when you think they are going to bed, and the homework from the night before is probably rushed through so they can hang out. My mom does this with my teenage sister, it drives me nuts.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 8:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I would make sure the teens were supervised even during daylight hours. I'm reminded of the cheerleaders who were on youtube accosting and assaulting that team member. I'm sure the majority of teens are fine but there can always be one in the crowd who likes drama or dysfunction at the expense of others. Teens need as much if not more supervision than small children imho! I always worry that one or two might slip off and do something inappropriate or risky at the least. Be prepared for what they might plan on doing and less about what part of the week they do it! Good luck on that. Teen sleepovers gave me more gray hair than I want to admit to!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:20 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I'd say it all depends on the children. My niece would have friends stay through the week all year round, but she had a couple friends who lived in very disfunctional homes. They were staying to get a taste of stability. If its just to hang out, I'd say no during school. But in the summer, let them have fun. That's what being a teenager is all about, right? I'd keep close tabs, but I don't think they need constant supervision. You have to give them a little freedom or they will likely rebel. But too much freedom and they will easily get into trouble. Teenagers are tough... their not kids anymore, but definately not adults.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 11:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Sure as long as you speak to the teens parent, ya never know when they are a runaway...sounds silly but with my daughter they would come over night and I'd find out they were MIA, she is 27 now...My teen is 14 and I think they are getting to old to have boy overnights.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 11:27 PM on Jul. 1, 2008