What do you think about this?

Your SO or husband being close friends with another female? Personally, I don't mind it. I feel that if something is meant to happen between them, you can't change it, or what's meant to happen, so there's no reason to worry about it. How do other ladies feel?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 3:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Friendship isn't based on gender, nor should it be.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't have a problem with it because I trust him. I also know all of his close female friends just as he knows all of mine.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It would bother me but I have a male friend so I would try to understand
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 3:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It depends on the situation and the girl, but generally I would agree with you.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I wouldn't like it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• fine with it. hubs has some very good women friends he goes out to lunch with and exchanges emails with.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My DH has two good girl friends, but both of them are childhood friends and they live hunderds of miles away. One of them is also friends with me on Facebook and we talk about our kids all the time.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 3:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I guess I didn't really answer the question though. I don't mind the two girl friends he has, but he never sees them either. So I really haven't been in a position where he has a girl friend that he sees on a regular basis. I trust him though so I'm assuming I would be ok with it.
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 3:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It depends on the relationship. If you and your husband have a good friendship and you both enjoy going to the movies then you should be first choice for movie outings. There are certain female friends that overstep boundaries and should never be friends with your husband and you should be intuitive enough to know about these girls so listen to your gut feeling. If the female friend is harmless but they enjoy a few laughs then it is okay and vise-versa.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 3:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It doesn't matter if you know them or not. If it is your best friend or not. If a person wants something that you have they will find every way possible to get it. You can trust them to the ends of the earth and back, doesn't matter you never truly know someone. They will lie, they will make you look like the biggest liar that ever walked, they will take what you tell them and make into something else. If another woman wants your man, they don't care how long you've known them, they don't care how much your children love them... they want what you have and they will crush everything you care about to get to it. True story and just because it hasn't happened to you doesn't mean that it never will. So If you want to put yourself out there and say that you can't stop it.. I pity you in the end... because it hurts. If I could have never met her and never had the good times, I would have traded it for all the heartache.
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010