got my period 11 days late...

My fiance and I are TTC. I got my period today, 11 days late. Last month my period was 14 days late and it only lasted 2 and half days. How do I know when I am ovulating if my periods have been so messed up for the past 2 months? Bummed... :(

S.D.A

Asked by S.D.A at 3:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The short answer - you dont, so you need to just be persistent. YOu can invest in ovulation tests I guess, but it's cheaper and more fun to just have lots of sex. That's what we did and I got pregnant a lot faster than I thought I would, given how irregular my periods were.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I just noticed your username. Are you Seventh Day Adventist?
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 3:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Maybe you could invest in a good fertility book. I've heard a lot about Taking Charge of Your Fertility. Also you could try Fertility Friend.com. You can track your cycle there. Good luck!
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 3:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Thank you! I will continue having lots of sex with my fiance!! I guess I am just confused as to when I should count on getting my period now? Should I expect it every 28 days?
    S.D.A

Comment by S.D.A (original poster) at 4:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Nope, 28 days is an average for most women. Some of us don't have a set schedule, or have longer or shorter cycles. Mine have always been long, like 6 weeks, with skipping sometimes. Makes TTC harder, but not impossible! Took us less than 4 months, even with my crazy cycles. We had no clue when or if I was ovulating. We just went for it, and were planning on fertility help if it didn't work in 6 months.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Wow, your cycle time is starting to sound like mine...6 weeks. Thats great that you guys were able to get prego so quickly. Since you were not keeping track....what was your trick? Having sex every day?
    S.D.A

Comment by S.D.A (original poster) at 7:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2010