PLEASE!! ADVICE!!

I am 6 weeks postpartum.. and I had the depo shot the day I came home and for the past 5 weeks my face is covered in acne!! I have NEVER had acne!! I have had a pimple but never acne!! I do not have much money and I am going to order proactive next week... But I do have to wear makeup I am interacting with people all day at work.. I am using an acne gel and Acne scrub.. And that used to work.. Please.. Any advice... I feel so awful.. What can I do?

AlexaRhea21

Asked by AlexaRhea21 at 10:14 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• buy a lemon and squeeze it on your face every night. My grandfather shared that with me when I began those puberty years and it worked like a charm. Good luck
    Anonymous

• Acne seems to be a BAD side effect of Depo as well as a few other SERIOUS side effects.

Birth Control - Depo

There is no antidote to the Depo Provera shot. Women who are given Depo Provera should be well informed about the drug and know that there are other options ...
    www.birth-control-comparison.info/bcdepo.htm -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Ha I just posted about the lemon on another answer... it's a really good solution. So is mixing plain oatmeal with milk and using it as a paste for about 10 minutes once or twice a week to help restore ph on your skin. sadly, the acne is most likely coming from the hormones in your body, not from a skin problem, so you're going to have to figure out how to balance that out. wish you well!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:20 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I work for the dermatologists that created ProActiv...Rodan+Fields Dermatologists..they have an incredible new skin care line for acne called Unblemish. It's made with sulfur to deep cleanse your pores and it's awesome!!! It's done amazing things for my skin. It's cheaper than ProActiv!! I would love to tell you more or you can check it out at: http://jamieg.myrandf.com/ If you think i t might be something you want to try first I also offer free samples! I have struggled with adult acne until I found this product so I know what it's like to have acne! I'd love to help you!! Thanks..Jamie
    jrgorby19

Answer by jrgorby19 at 7:42 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• If I may add to all of these wonderful suggestions, it may be worth it to have your hormone levels checked. I can speak from personal testimony, I have found estrogen dominence may be part to blame for acne breakout and if progesterone levels were balanced it could help lessen acne breakouts, it has mine. To compliment that , use a facial system that is Pure and Safe for your skin, which I would recommend Basic Intelligence, it is self adjusting. Are you also taking beneficial vitamins and minerals and antioxidents that take care of your insides while you are taking care of the outside? To take a look at any products that could offer some relief, please surf around www.4everchanginglives.com and pay particular attention to the Natural Balancing creams (prolief) and Basic Intelligence facial system on the shop online tab. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via cafemom, I will be more than happy to help you.
    purewomen

Answer by purewomen at 2:11 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• I would not waste my money on pro-active. Lets face it if it worked they would sell it in stores or doctors would recomend it. I would talk to your doctor.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 7:49 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• Hello! A place to start...Mary Kay
    Acne Treatment Gel*
    For blemishes, smooth on Acne Treatment Gel. It's clinically proven to dry and clear acne blemishes, allowing skin to heal.
    Item Price Quantity
    Acne Treatment Gel*,
    1 oz. net wt. $7.00

Velocity® Facial Cleanser

Having great skin is easy with one product that works like three. It deep cleans your face, tones to refresh and exfoliates. Plus, it contains a lighter version of the Velocity® fragrance.
    Item Price Quantity
    Velocity® Facial Cleanser,
    5 fl. oz. $10.00

www.marykay.com/smcgarity1

heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 10:09 PM on Oct. 20, 2008

• differin gel works and its prescibed by your doctot
    siobhan0529

Answer by siobhan0529 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 24, 2008