BF but wanting another!

i am still bf my baby but am trying for another. is it possible i just wont get prego until i stop bf?? should i keep trying?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• yes you should keep trying if you really want another baby. bf-ing is only a partial contraceptive and some women have gotten preggo because they thought it was total birth control. good luck!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 10:22 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• ummm maybe you shouldnt try for another baby untill you have learned a little more about the whole "how to's of baby making" once to have done that you can establish a relationship w/ your Dr. and actually ask him these ?'s that way you dont have to depend on random strangers on the internet to tell you how to get knocked up again.
    st1nkyx3

Answer by st1nkyx3 at 10:23 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• ST1NKYX3-I don't appreciate your rudeness. I am not trying to get 'knocked up'. I have a very good relationship with my Dr. I am just wondering if it has been difficult for other women or if they have had similar experiences. Somebody as bitchy as you shouldn't be answering question for women just looking for a little support or advice!
    Anonymous

• i completely agree with "Anonymous"!! cafemom is a place to help and support other mothers. find a better way to spend your time other than being rude and putting down fellow mothers!

-good luck with your TTC "Anonymous"!!
    sarahkaystone

Answer by sarahkaystone at 10:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• sarahkaystone -right there with you!! I dont know why people have to be so hateful here... IMO they must like drama or sumthing and dont wanna grow up... lol

BTW yay for BF! lol But it is very possible to get pregnant while breast feeding. When they arent BF ALL the time you should get your period back or well get pregnant! lol so wait a little longer and if your periods start coming back and your still not getting pregnant then is when you should talk to your doctor.
    ariannas_mama36

Answer by ariannas_mama36 at 11:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I got pg while bf my daughter. She was 15 months old when we conceived. My dr said unless the baby gets 90% of its nutrition from bm, you can ovulate and get pg. I had two periods and didn't get another one, then I found out i was pg. Good luck.
    OliviaOma

Answer by OliviaOma at 2:16 AM on Oct. 19, 2008

• Thank you all...i have had my period back for about 3 months now but they have not been normal at all. Can i be getting my period and not ovulating again yet???
    Anonymous