Yuck! Why is it?????

Why is it that people (strangers) in Wal-Mart and other places think that it's okay to TOUCH my babies!! It's sometimes annoying that ppl come up and start talking to them or me when I'm rushing and in a hurry, but it's also very nice and flattering. BUT when they come up and grab my babies' hands or touch their faces etc., it's NOT ok! I am a self-professed germaphobe but still, we're heading into flu season and regardless I don't want to nurse my kids back to health for a week because someone doesn't want to keep their hands to themselves! Am I the only one dealing with this???

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Some people have to respect for personal space. They are babies, not puppies.......... wake up people!!!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree either that or they get like right next to me and ask to see my new born who is in the baby carrier. I hate it grrrrrrroooooooooooooossssssssssseeeeeeeee they will breath all in the faces and everything I HATE IT.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It happens to me too sometimes. I don't like it either, not so much because of germs, but because my son really doesn't like strangers in his face. I usually just try to back him away or move the shopping cart out of reach. If it is a friend or someone I am acquainted with, I just tell them that he doesn't like strangers touching him, and so far nobody has gotten offended. But he will cry if a stranger comes up and touches his hand. He HATES that.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 3:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I hate that. Avoid shopping in places like WalMart.
    -MsPsychology-

Answer by -MsPsychology- at 3:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have had that happen. I just tell them to not touch my baby please.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I cant recall anyone physically touching my children when they were babies- that's just not right! I'd say something like, "I wouldnt get too close if I were you- they have a sniffle/cough."
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• never had that happen.... if it did i'd most likely bite thier heads off. If i don't know you you don't touch my kid and you certainly don't stick your hands on my infant.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I can't say I have ever actually noticed... As I sit here and think back I know there have been people touch my kids, but I have never seen anything wrong with it... It's not like they are hurting them and frankly there are more germs on the cart than on most people's hands...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I use the cart cleaner wipes that Walmart offers at the entrance, so the cart's not dirtier than people's hands. Plus, a lot of people don't wash their hands (or hand sanitize) after using the bathroom. I think it's rude regardless of germs.
    carol2m2

Comment by carol2m2 (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree with Carol2m2
    I use the cart cleaner wipes that Walmart offers at the entrance, so the cart's not dirtier than people's hands. Plus, a lot of people don't wash their hands (or hand sanitize) after using the bathroom. I think it's rude regardless of germs.
    xChasingxAmyx

Answer by xChasingxAmyx at 5:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010