Does anyone know of any online jobs that I can do from home on my own computer that are not a scam? Everyjob I read about wants money to get started.

Every job I google seems kind of risky or they want money to get started.

Karrieover40

Asked by Karrieover40 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Money & Work

• If they want money and call it a job, it's a scam. That's rule one! Home businesses and franchise opportunities will require start up money and money to keep them going. If you want just a JOB that you can do from home Here is a list of companies that hire home based workers... But I don't know who is hiring...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i personally have never seen any that weren't a scam.
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The only online jobs that I'm aware of are found through the company, via secretary jobs, or some blogging jobs, or by setting up your own business.

Example: hiring yourself out for secretary work via internet, etc. You can post resume on most job sites.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• JOBS outside of having a back ground check or needing some specifica equiptment shouldn't ask for $$ and a BUSINESS almost always will, as you are esentially buying your piece of the business.

However during your search its importnat to check the credentials and history of the company you are researching...for example my company stands firm, and is 39 years old...we have the very best credentials...and in fact I am GIVING the BUSINESS KIT AWAY
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Google or any search engine is probably going to pull up a lot of crap!! http://www.wahm.com/ is a great site to look for "jobs". There are tons of groups on here that you can join for help as well. Just search WAH. Just know going in like mentioned already that a JOB should not have a fee, a business WILL. YOu can find some that are really low cost and the benefits to me of a business far outway a job. I like having CONTROL over when and where I work, my income and so much more. So just kinda look around, ask questions and see what fits you. Also always look at a companie's credentials and what the product or service is that is being offered(MAKE sure there is one or it is a pyramid scheme)

Good Luck :-)

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 8:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Here is a site with LEGIT JOBS, HomeCareerSuccess.com, jobs with places like American Airlines, Uhual, Jet Blue, 1 8000 FLOWERS etc...

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 11:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have some ideas and opportunities in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Christina is very right, you're asking for TROUBLE when you Google something - your'e going to get a very biased outlook on whatever you're searching. www.wahm.com and www.workathomenoscams.com are both great resources to look into.

Otherwise you've gotten pretty useful information here concerning the difference between work at home jobs versus businesses.
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 11:36 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ , http://www.iavoa.com/ , http://www.vanetworking.com/ ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week

Answer by rkoloms at 4:55 PM on Sep. 19, 2010

• check out my journal.. how i work from home.. i do gpt, a business and a job.. all on my schedule!
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 20, 2010