My hair???

Ok so I went to the doctor because I was losing hair at the corners of my head and she told me it was from wearing my hair up so much and so tight. She told me to try to wear it down more and use almond oil to help and i am. She said I wasn't losing hair and that there was baby hair there so I just need for it to grow. Any suggestions or ideas? I'm taking vitamin e and using the oil. Wearing my hair down alittle bit more too. What else would help?

giovannismom19

Asked by giovannismom19 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• I have never heard that wearing my hair up will cause it to fall out..... I wear it up always and its all still there........ Try to rub with your fingertips in a circular motion when you are washing and conditioning it. Supposed to stimulate your hair follicles... (I think that is how you spell it lol) I guess I could say your roots :)
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Use scalp stimulating products like Paul Mitchell Tea Tree shampoo and conditioner. It will refresh the scalp, keep it free from debris, and encourage healthy regrowth.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would wear it down always. Get a good cut, it will look fuller.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You just have to give it time and do what your Dr says.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I thought vitamin E was for your skin not hair. Do like the doctor said. Wear your hair down. Sound like you are wearing your hair up to tight. If you wear it up, wear it looser.

Answer by louise2 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I know I should wear it down alot but that's alot of work. I have to straighten it always cause I hate it not straight & I wear it up when I'm cleaning or cooking cause I kinda feel like it gets in the way.
    giovannismom19

Comment by giovannismom19 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I hear vitamin E works good
    qustnmrk28

Answer by qustnmrk28 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Use a bannana clip, or just a regular hair clip
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If you have to keep it out of your face, use a cloth headband and pull your hair back. It'll be easier on your hair than anything else. Getting a new haircut might help, something shorter to help your hair grow back in easier. Make sure you are using conditioner for a couple weeks straight to help your hair stay healthy. I sympathize, this isn't going to be easy, but you need to give it time. Best wishes!
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 3:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have the same problem. I have like 2 thinner spots on the corners of my head, i wear my hair up daily, for years lol. I have very thick, very curly hair! Both my sister are hair dressers and they have told me the same thing. Wearing it up all the time breaks the hair and it will damage it. I try to alternate how i pull it back, like i'll do it loosely at the back of my neck, or high on my head. Try to make a hair appointment at a salon and buy some good repair treatments. It could be pricey, or they could probably suggest a cheaper store brand that could work just as well.
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010