What makes you feel like an adult?

It may be a silly question, but think about it. I'm not talking about holding down a job or paying the bills or being a parent. What other things make you feel like an adult...what do you do that makes you feel mature? Fun things, serious things...?

I sometimes feel that I'm still like a little girl in ways and I don't know why. I'm happily married, have two great kids,,,but something is missing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• wearing high heels and a nice dress! I got dressed up for a meeting the other day. I had on some heels, a polka dot dress, curled my hair and put some make up on. All I needed was some 1940's music and I would be set :) It's fun playing dress up for real lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Cooking, cleaning, being responsible for the house, working and using my money for kids and bills. Having kids in their 30's. I want to be 35 again.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 3:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Making descions in life. Kids do not have to make life changing descions. When their know one to clean the house but me.

Being an adult does not mean you are mature.

Answer by louise2 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I guess when I finish something. I hung curtains not to long ago that were just sitting around for a few weeks and I felt super adult that I took care of something. Stupid really but that's what did it for me. My next project (I have many) is to make the baby room and I have a few months left, but getting nervous I won't get it all done.
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Having 'women' 20yrs younger ask me how I would've handled something when I was their age.
    Being able to book a hotel.
    No longer desiring the fad-ish clothing in the jr department, choosing instead items that say i'm dressing for Me, and not my girlfriends.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think it's the way people treat me. Although, I like doing silly things from time to time =)
    qustnmrk28

Answer by qustnmrk28 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010