Do you think it's really possible to be bi-sexual?

I hear a lot of people say, especially men, that you're either gay or straight. I've heard it said by men that there is no "experimenting", and that if a man tries something with another guy, he's gay.

However, it seems like females are more likely to be accepted as bisexual. It's fairly common and much more accepted for girls to experiment. If a girl kisses another girl, no one calls her a lesbian. But if a guy kisses another guy, he's always viewed as gay. I say always, and I don't literally mean always, but more in general.

I guess this is kind of two topics in one question, hut anyways...what do you think?

I'm not sure where to put this, but I'll put it in P&C, as it is a current issue in society.

LovingSAHMommy

Asked by LovingSAHMommy at 3:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• As for my opinion, I don't really have one. I'm straight and have never questioned it, so I have no idea what it's like to be bi-sexual.
    LovingSAHMommy

Comment by LovingSAHMommy (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I know that yes, you can be Bi-sexual.! I think its not at all socially accepted for me to do so but many have admitted to me that they could/would - just as many as women have
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It's not about gender. And when we stop looking at it as a gender issue, we see the real event. It's as simple as one person loving another person. Is it possible to love people of both sexes? of course.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes I believe it is possible. I know several bi-sexual men and although I am married to a man, I identify myself as a bi-sexual woman. I believe that sexuality while an inate part of us can also be fluid.
    aidansmommy961

Answer by aidansmommy961 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I say what ever floats your boat. Yes, I think that it's possible. Everything is possible.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think human sexuality lies on a scale..

Some people are on the abslute end of one side of the scale or the other.. Those who without a doubt within themselves, without urge, thought, question..etc... are straight... And vice a versa.

Everyone else (the majority of humans) I believe lie somewhere on that scale.. Some to lean more towards one end of the scale or the other.

So, yeah. It's possible for someone in my way of thinking to be: gay, straight, bi, bi curious, have fantasies but no actual real encounters, have desires but not strong enough ones to act on..etc..etc..

In our society, for the most part, lesbian/bi women are far more accepted than their male counterparts. Girl on Girl encounters is one of the top fantasies and desired experiences of heterosexual men. But don't ask those same guys about some good ol' guy on guy action...LOL

Cont. Thought...
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think this in large part is due to women being viewed as beautiful, sensual, sexual creatures. And seeing them express their sexuality is considered very stimulating to many.

Men on the otherhand. Aren't viewed that way. Not even by straight women;Bystraight women have the opinion that men nake is ugly, is nasty. And .That there is absolutely nothing attractive about a penis.. So seeing some guy on guy action, is not going to be very stimluating or pleasing to the eye for these women.

So I think (damn I'm long winded today.. lmao) that these views/attitudes contribute to girl/girl being a-okay and guy/guy being viewed as gross and disgusting.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• They're just GREEDY! lol

I'm sure you can be,,,,

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It's best to let people describe themselves however they see themselves.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yes. i believe sexuality is on a spectrum. we all fall on a different place.
    rfurlongg

Answer by rfurlongg at 3:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010