Is it normal to have acid reflex while you are pregnant????

I am having really bad acid reflex after anything I eat or drink is that normal???

its_a_girl08517

Asked by its_a_girl08517 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• YES!!! I would get heartburn and reflux from a sip of water! I thought there was a gremlin with a burning stick playing games in my chest. I craved OJ and would drink about a quart a day. I had to chew a tums or two with every glass or you would see fire fly from my mouth when i breathed!
    Jaydensmom2005

Answer by Jaydensmom2005 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Yes try apple vinger like with water to dilute it if the reflux is strong it will burn ur throat but i did it and after a week or to it was gone I put in like 2 teaspoons of it and then a whole glass of water I did it like ever so often when i had reallly bad reflux i never did tums because tums generate more acid in ur system techincally. and why take tons of pills since u get alot of reflux when your pregnant.
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Yes.
    Liz_24

Answer by Liz_24 at 6:38 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• yep... another fun side effect huh :) i've heard that drinking milk and NOT laying down right after meals helps to lessen it.
    Ambreelulu

Answer by Ambreelulu at 6:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• ugh..yes and it's very normal to get it afterwards as a permanent thing....I had never had acid reflux until I got pregnant the first time...I had my daughter and a have had to go the hospital because I thought I was having a heart attack or something...It's somewhat under control but I would have throwing up spells because it was so bad...
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 8:44 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• yes i did with my son
    logan-n-kairi

Answer by logan-n-kairi at 8:06 PM on Jul. 6, 2008

• Unfortunately, yes. I'm currently eight months pregnant, with my second child. I am already horribly uncomfortable, it's three in the morning, last thing i ate was 3 hours ago, i sat up the entire time, and i'm dying of acid reflux/heartburn. i actually burped up some acid earlier. I'm currently drinking cold milk to soothe it..
    AudlyLuvly

Answer by AudlyLuvly at 6:43 AM on Jul. 18, 2008