Was I rude?

so a couple of weeks ago we were invited to my little cousins bday party at chili's ...my 2 year old does not do well if she has to be confined in a space..but we thought we would give it a try...well long story short...i grabbed my kid and told then that we had to leave . i was stressed and embarassed....i had my boyfriend go in and apoligize and to bag up our food that they paid for....well my grandma said what i did was rude.....i dont like hearing other peoples kids screaming while im in a resturant why should i be any different ? right? which is why we left.....

KME3

Asked by KME3 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I wouldn't have allowed my child to scream and tantrum in a restaraunt either. You did the right thing. Any reasonable person would understand.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You were not rude ... I would have done the same thing.
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 3:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No parent should allow their child to scream and tantrum in a dining establishment. You were not "rude" to the host, you were thoughtful and considerate of each and every person in that place!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't think it was rude at all. If your daughter couldn't handle the restaurant, it's not your fault. Your boyfriend apologized on top of that, so definitely No, not rude.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 3:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I hate that. I go shopping sometimes and the kid on the other isle is just screaming its head off. The mother is just ignoring the fact that everyone in the store wants to kill her or just pick up her kid so it stops screaming. I am sorry but when my child started to cry in a store I left and took care of the situation, if that meant I didn't get to finish shopping or eating, guess what I didn't. I don't think anyone needs to pay for what I can fix. It drives me crazy.
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 3:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• So no you were not rude
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The fact is little ones don't always do well in restaurants. You did the right thing. We had to go through this experience recently and by the end of the meal, DH and I were so stressed and our kids needed to have their naps so we just said, thank you, it was a nice time but we have to go take care of them. It was all I could do to get that out over our daughter's crying. Restaurants can be too much for young kids and family should realize that but they often do not.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No that wasnt rude..
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 3:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I don't think it was rude. If anything, you were trying NOT to be rude.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 3:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Maybe she thought it was rude of you to take the food?

I think it's kind of tacky if you didn't pay for it but i can't say i wouldn't do the same thing.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010