• In the Spotlight:

How much should I charge??

My aunt wants to buy my graco pack n play (with bassinet top) and Winnie the pooh infant swing. They are both in good condition, the pack n play is 3 years old and was used slightly more than the swing. She told me to decide on a price and get back to her. My DH says $75 dollars for both since the swing we paid almost $90 dollars for and the pack n play was almost $100 brand new. What do you all think is a fair price??

princessTnBabyB

Asked by princessTnBabyB at 10:25 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Money & Work

• Check on E-bay and craigs list to see what people are paying for the same things, in good condition. That will give you a ood idea of what to charge.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:26 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• This is your aunt. I would give it to her for FREE. If you really need the money, let her give you what she can for it...with in reason.

After baby items have been used, they are very inexpensive. I see them all the time on ebay, craiglist, garage sales.
    BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 11:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i would just tell her well look there old i dont use them anymore so give me what u can for them but the ammount i would like or that would help me out most woudl be 100 dollars
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 11:34 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• Used items should be sold for 1/3 to 1/2 the original price. That is how I price things (big items) when I sell at the flea market.
    lanckn

Answer by lanckn at 2:17 PM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I normally price used items in vgc at around 30% of retail and then they move quickly. Sometimes if it seems really low compared to other sellers then I will round up a little.

I would say 30% for each as it is your aunt.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 3:28 PM on Oct. 18, 2008