Is it too soon for a period?

I had my baby on the 5th and about the 11th my bleeding stopped, then started again really light. Just today its picked back up and I am having cramping, irritability, bloating and whatnot. do u think I'm getting a period or just because of having my baby?

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 3:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• normally you bleed acouple weeks after a baby because you only bled for 6 days it could be still do to having the baby. If you do a lot of straining after baby that can cause you to bleed again too
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If you've been doing too much, walking too much, working, housework, etc, that could cause the flow to increase back up again. You had a really short time of bleeding after the baby, so this is probably what's happening. I'd say you should try to sit down as much as possible, keep your feet up, rest and relax and your body will calm back down.

Congratulations on the new baby! :)
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 3:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would sit and relax but I have a 2yr old, a 1 yr old, and my newborn, and my df works out of state, and I have no family near that can help me.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• naw
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:52 PM on Sep. 19, 2010