Peds...

We found the pediatrician we want. Before I thought I was due in December and had time. Now where I might be due in a month, I'm trying to get everything in order. Do I need to call this ped and see if there is any paperwork I need to fill out? I know he's supposed to see me and baby up at the hospital, how do they get notified?

Adeline1210

Asked by Adeline1210 at 10:27 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I birthed in a natural birthing center, but I had to fill out paperwork with my OB/GYNs name and number, as well as all of the information for my pediatrician. Once I showed up, I was not sure if I was in labor or not and I never called my doctor. The nurse on duty called and let my OB and pediatrician know.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 10:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• You can pre-register with the hospital that you'll be having your baby at. On the paperwork they should ask you for your pediatricians info. If your pedi cannot come out to see the baby, they will generally have 2-3 pediatricians that come around and see newborns while you're at the hospital and you're free to see any pedi for your first check up.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 11:19 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• i told my ob who i wanted and she put in my chart
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 11:32 PM on Oct. 17, 2008