Baby with a cold and not sleeping?

My daughter is a year old and she has the remainder of cold which is making her a bit stuffy. She already is not a baby that sleeps but this is making it worse! I have a humidifier in her room, I have suctioned her and used the saline drops but she still wakes up fussing. Please any advice would be GREATLY appreciated! Any suggestions?

Whoistheboss

Asked by Whoistheboss at 10:29 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• infant tylenol and a warm bath?
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 10:30 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• She had her bath with the Johnson and Johnson's Vapor bath and she has had infant tylenol and it isn't making a bit of difference. I am at my wits end.
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 10:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• put her in a swing or some place where she is propped up
    momontherun32

Answer by momontherun32 at 10:46 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• She hates her swing and last night I laid her on my chest and sat up and she still would not sleep. Her pediatrician says it is just a cold that has to run it's course and I know how miserable she must feel. I put a book under her crib mattress to give her some leverage and it can drain and it hasn't done any good. I just don't know what else I could do to help her.
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 10:49 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Vicks vapor rub on her chest works wonderful!
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 10:54 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• barrettboys---I do have some of that, I am going to try that when/if she wakes up again.
    Whoistheboss

Answer by Whoistheboss at 10:57 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• smear a LITTLE under her nose also
    barrettboys

Answer by barrettboys at 11:01 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Try running the shower hot and sitting with her in the bathroom. Not in the shower, but in the room with the door closed. The heat may help lull her to sleep while the steam will loosen the congestion. That seems to work better than the humidifier for us.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:06 AM on Oct. 18, 2008