My neighbor was supposed to go to a wedding Oct 3rd but the bride called today saying it's called off because the guy backed out. What would you do if your soon to be hubby backed out 2 weeks before your wedding date?

I told my neighbor the girl must be upset but then again she must be glad that he backed out now and not after they were married a year or so.

keisha613

Asked by keisha613 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd be hurt, humiliated, and angry. After I calmed down a little, I'd find an attorney and sue the SOB for breach of promise and make him pay me back every penny I spent on the wedding!!!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• She is probably not going to hit the glad it happened now rather than later for a while. Not only is she losing a man she was probably already thinking of as a husband, but she has to go through the embarrassment of calling all the guests and anyone she hired for the wedding and let them know it is off. I don't know what I would do in her place. That would be a hard pill to swallow.

Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I'd be devestated.
    AMZF812

Answer by AMZF812 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would be really hurt and confused
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have to agree she is probably so humiliated right now. I hope she has a good friend that could call all the guests for her.
    cloverlover24

Answer by cloverlover24 at 4:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Poor girl..that would be awful!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Poor dear, It has to be hard now but one day she will be thankful. She needs to have her dad or other adult male call him and tell him how much he owes for his part of the deposits and cancellation fees. Don't forget the costs of invitations, thank you notes and favors. Best of luck to her.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 4:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It happens more than you know...my friend was up at the alter waiting for her fiance and he never showed up...would think it would've taught her a lesson, right? Nope she waited for him again at the alter and finally her father had to step in to tell her that he wasn't coming...she was desperate to marry this man but good she didn't cause he didn't want her...the family was forcing him to marry her...so either way, good he's gone and one less worry. She'll get over the hurt eventually!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 5:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i agree with robsmommy. of course i would also feel it was his loss.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I'd go to Europe & find me a nice handsome man & get my groove on. That might help me forget...LOL!

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010