Are you first 2 children the same sex and then your third the opposite?

I have 2 boys ages 4 and 14 mths and we are thinking of have another one. I would really like a girl. Just curious if my chances are higher to have a girl next

mommyofone15

Asked by mommyofone15 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• There are studies that show that some men carry genes that make it more likely that they will have more girls or more boys. In your husbands family does he have all brother, all sisters or half and half? This might give you a sense of what you could expect. Aside from that, it's a toss up. I am one of three, first two were girls and the last was a boy. My husband only has brothers and we had three boys and one girl.
    SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 4:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have read and heard the more you have one one sex. the less your chances are of having the opposite sex. But who knows it could happen. You never know till you try and find out.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• not sure lol. We are planning one one more though and hoping for a boy since we have 2 girls that are 5 and 2.5
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• There are studies that show that some men carry genes that make it more likely that they will have more girls or more boys. In your husbands family does he have all brother, all sisters or half and half? This might give you a sense of what you could expect. Aside from that, it's a toss up. I am one of three, first two were girls and the last was a boy. My husband only has brothers and we had three boys and one girl

My DH has only one sibling a twin sister, but before that his mom did have a baby girl, but she was stillborn. But other than that he has mostly boys in his side of the family myside of the family is mostly boys as well and we have girls lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have two boys and then got our girl. In dh's family there is 3 boys and 3 girls. DH's dad had 2 brothers and 2 sisters. So maybe our family will be pretty much even. My parents had two boys and then me but my dad's brother had 3 girls. Oh, I also have friends that had two boys, a girl and and then 6 more boys! Who knows if there is an order to it all!
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 4:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You always have a 50% chance of having a girl.
    We had a girl, then a boy, then 2 girls and finally got another boy. We were pretty sure it was going to be another girl knowing our luck but we got our boy. And we're so happy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have three boys. My husband brother had 3 girls and baby number 4 was finally boy.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 5:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Think you get 50/50 every time but I know the incidence of boys or girls is higher in some families. I understand it is controlled by the male so if he has lots of boys in the family tree you MAY have a higher chance of getting a boy. Personally I have girl boy girl. My dh family girl girl boy girl.
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have a son from a previous marroage, and then me and my hubby now are expectiong our 4th girl in a row!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Ok female sperm are fatter and swim slower, but live longer. Male sperm is skinny, swims fast, but doesn't live as long. Pay attention to when you ovulate. If you have a good idea of when, and you want to try for a girl, have sex a day or two before ovulation. This way all male sperm have gone up and died off leaving mostly girl sperm. If you want a boy, wait until you are pretty sure you have ovulated and then have sex. An ovulation predictor kit is helpful. You can also read about this online or read the book How to choose the sex of your baby. Good luck..think pink! p.s. this is scientific, but nothing in life is 100 percent. A healthy boy is better than no baby at all.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:43 PM on Sep. 17, 2010