How do YOU make macaroni and cheese?

What's your recipe? (Even if it's from a box lol)

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I love, love, love Velvetta's Mac and Cheese. So creamy, so tasty, so easy. I have made my own before and this is just so much better.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 4:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have several variations of mac & cheese that my family loves! Elbow macaroni noodles-cooked to desired tenderness and drained. I use either Velveeta cheese, or when I have several different types of shredded cheese (with almost nothing left in the bag), mix 'em all together & let it melt. I have used cheddar, mozzarella, colby, monterey (or monterey jack) and even provolone. Good luck!
    jenniphee

Answer by jenniphee at 4:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• open kraft mac and cheese :P
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• most thetime it is from the box I add a tinny bit of butter 4 or 5 pieces of kraft single cheese and the sauce mix so good tastes like the vavleta mac and cheese. If I do make it on my own I boil the macaroni. The cheese I buy a brick cheese and add some milk micorwave until melted. After noodles are done I drain and then I put back in pan and add the cheese and mix
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i melt butter in a sauce pan, add flour, half n half, american cheese, jack cheese, add my cooked pasta and stir. sometimes i put the ingrediants in a casserole dish add more cheese on top along with bread crumbs and bake for about 10-15 min.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 4:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• like most of the other posters, i follow the recipe on the side of the box. We however don't always get Kraft I am a big generic fan and my kids don't care for the Kraft kind so lucky me
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 4:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I melt a stick of butter, bunch of shredded cheddar cheese and milk in a pan until it's all melty and creamy.

Then i mix in an egg and the noodles, dump it in a pan, put more chesse on top and stick in the oven at 425 until the top gets brown.

I am not sure about the amounts, i just keep adding stuff until it looks right.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
    9 tablespoons butter
    1/2 cup shredded Muenster cheese
    1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
    1 1/2 cups half-and-half
    8 ounces cubed processed cheese food
    2 eggs, beaten
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I cook the mac noodles until they are just done and put them in a baking dish. I add 2 cups of milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder, an egg, and blocks of extra sharp cheddar and stir. I bake at 400 for 30 minutes and then stir until the cheese is even throughout and bake another 30 minutes until done.
    dmelyoung

Answer by dmelyoung at 4:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I make the cheese by melting a stick of butter, adding some flour and milk and melting sharp chedder cheese in it. When its all melted i mix in the cooked noodles. I also make a pot of stewed tomatoes to go with it. It's one of our favorite meals in the house and I learned the recipe from my grandmother. I think the recipe was originally baked but I skip that part.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010