Im trying to get custody of my brother and I was told I had to go to court and get a petition for gardianship but...

when i called the court I was told I had to write up the petition myself. I was told to contact a lawyer to go over all the legal stuff and he could write up the petition (which i dont have $ for) and it would cost 250 just to file the petition. So my question is how do I write up a petition. I found a petition online but its for another state. I was thinking about copying off that. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Keep looking for one for your state. Go to the library and see if they have any books with one for your state. You might check community college or university libraries in your area. If you don't have money for a lawyer the judge may think you don't have money to take care of your brother. Something to think about.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010