Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im trying to get custody of my brother and I was told I had to go to court and get a petition for gardianship but...

when i called the court I was told I had to write up the petition myself. I was told to contact a lawyer to go over all the legal stuff and he could write up the petition (which i dont have $ for) and it would cost 250 just to file the petition. So my question is how do I write up a petition. I found a petition online but its for another state. I was thinking about copying off that. Any ideas?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (1)
  • Keep looking for one for your state. Go to the library and see if they have any books with one for your state. You might check community college or university libraries in your area. If you don't have money for a lawyer the judge may think you don't have money to take care of your brother. Something to think about.


    Answer by Gailll at 4:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Just for Fun
Do you watch iCarly?

Next question overall (Entertainment)
windows vista