Can you ever trust another person with your child??

I have posted many times about childcare but I still after 2 months with this new In home person, don't feel that "complete" trust - but then again I still worry for some reason when I leave him with his own father- I have no reason to have such extreme trust issues > he seems to loves his new daycare and at the Center he used to go to, he would BEG me not to bring him there and would cry each morning after being there over 1/2 his little life -hes turning 3 in Nov and very verbal so I ask him if he had fun and he always says yes, he doesn't want to rush out of there, she seems nice and wonderful, also has a preschool cirriculum they do and he's learning a lot - I just wonder when that "trust" will kick in.. I have no reason not to trust her but I guess I wonder if I ever will - other moms I have talked to, just KNOW and trust their providers... will it happen or am I just totally a nutcase?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• that is a complicted question, it sounds like you have trust issues if anyone is watching your child but you. When my ds started childcare I didn't even call to check on him the first day because I was so confident in the choice of providers that I made.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I completely trust my daycare provider.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Well my son is not in daycare but I do trust my husband and my mom with him.
    giovannismom19

Answer by giovannismom19 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would never send my child to a day care center or to school. I homeschooled my children. I wouldn't trust them with my children. My youngest son had developmental delays and from the time he was 4-9 we had a respite care provider that watched them the 6 hours a week I went to grad school. His 2 older brothers were also with him. By the time he was 9 his oldest brother was 17 and would watch him while I went to class. Our respite care provider was a special ed major at the university and had police background checks. He was great with the kids. He was the only person I left them with.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Well maybe that came off too bad, I trust my husband and mom but always in the back of my head think "oh I sure hope max behaves or listens so its easy for them" that type of worry - I don't know - I just wonder why I can't trust her -IDK.. just curious I guess..-
    maxsmom11807

Comment by maxsmom11807 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I trust my dh, our parents, our siblings to all watch our kids. I also trust the girls across the street that babysit for us. When we go out dh is more the worrying than I am about the kids. I think though that may be because I have an in-home daycare so I am used to kids being dropped off, if that makes sense. To me it just isn't a big deal since I really know the people that they are with. An accident can happen as easily with me as it can with them, no reason to stress or I would always be stressed.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 4:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010