Who has a in-law that doesn't like you?

My mother-in-law was fine when i was dating her son. The minute she found out we wanted to move out together, she lost a nut or something. And it got worse after she found out we were having a kid and getting married. This lady will be nice to my face but the minute I'm out of the room she is talking crap about me to my husband. He told her a month after we were married that he was not going to put up with her talking about me. So don't say anything to him if she has nothing nice to say about me.

4_little_moons

Asked by 4_little_moons at 4:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Relationships

• Me! Me! Me!!! (waving hands frantically). What's really sad is that we used to have a great relationship. I've learned to deal with it over the last 10 years, but it still makes me mad, and sad....all at the same time!
    hope4emma

Answer by hope4emma at 4:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• *raising hand* I seriously have no idea what I did or what I said to make her hate me. It used to bother me but I no longer care if she likes me or not.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 4:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my mother in law loves meshe said that im the only one she likes and she has 5 kids lol but his oldest sister doesnt like me. i just ignore it. my husband sticks up for me she wont say anything to me buy his other sister she will and shes my bf so she will tell me at first it hurt butnow i can care less. i still treat her with kindness theres not mucgh i can do i cant force her to like me. she calls me a gold digger because he spoils me rotten but she must of forgot when we first got together he had nada and i was taking care of him for the 1st year... we didnt have much then but now we do because of him so he loves to spoil me. i think her real problem is hes grown close with my family and has grown apart from her.
    whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 4:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my husband and i are high school sweethearts. his mom has been nothing but mean to me since we moved in together. she is very religious and doesn't want to let it go even though we are now married. after i had my sons she has been trying to mend the fences but it is way to late for me to be nice to her back. we have had nothing to do her for about 6 years. we only see her on the holidays, if that sometimes. i used to feel like it was my fault for breaking up his family but now i don't. she is the one that is abusive to me and i REFUSE to take that treatment from anyone! that is something that i have had to learn and believe me it has taken years to learn. you can only change yourself not others. you have to cut the toxins out of your life or it will consume you.
    ejrmom

Answer by ejrmom at 4:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• me! It's no suprise really. Hyper catholic, short, heavyset, plain jane, house wife doesn't like her step sons Wiccan,5'11, size 6, ex-model, martial artist, office professional daughter in law....go figure
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• OH did i mentiont he first time my FIL met me he turned to my then BF and says "damn son shes a looker! why's she with your ass?" while standing next to his wife....I guess it doesn't matter to her he was just ribbing my hubby?
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I do. My SIL despises me and the feeling is mutual. She's jealous and insecure. Also, she is old enough to be my mom, so I think that has a lot to do with it too, she hates the fact I'm not even 30 yet and she made that loud and clear.
    She trash talks about me to my 10 year old daughter. Also, when it comes to Christmas or any birthdays, she will ask what I'm getting my kids and what my aunt and parents are getting my kids. She says she's just making sure she doesn't get the samethings, that's so not it. If it is something the kids want bad, she will get it and give it to them before Christmas or their birthdays. Then we have to turn right around and return the stuff. This year I'm not telling her anything. If she asks I will tell her idk lol. I am over her immature behavior.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• me too, me too, my in-laws can suck my juevos for all I care , they give white trash a bad name!! The MIL is a crazed loon that has alienated all of her kids and grandkids at some point for extended periods of time. I just hope she goes b4 me so I can dance on her grave. In case I don't live longer I will be getting a r/o so she can't even breath the same air as my boys until they are well into adulthood
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 4:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Are you married to my brother in law? Because you've described my mother in law to a T. DH cut her off.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It's not easy being the MIL. That's all I have to say.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 4:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010