Is it normal to feel my baby moving so much at 38 weeks?

Everywhere I read, it said to expect their movements to lessen in the last couple of weeks. Don't get me wrong, I love feeling her move. It makes me smile. But just wondering if it's normal?

JazziesMom2010

Asked by JazziesMom2010 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh definitely. :) My first was a pretty big kicker, but she settled down around 36 weeks. My second? Totally different story. She NEVER settled down. I remember trying to sleep before my scheduled c-section and Violet was in there doing gymastics...you could watch her hands and feet flying all over the place! Needless to say, I wasn't surprised to find that she's STILL energetic and crazy, almost 2 years later! Haha
    aliceryannesmom

Answer by aliceryannesmom at 4:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yeah ur fine! my daughter never stopped moving i swear! i would be up all night cuz she was kicking me! i thought once she dropped it would be better cuz she would be out of my ribs! i was wrong now my bladder was a squeeze toy! it was lovely! it is not normal if the baby isnt moving so u are doing great! good luck with baby! :-)
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 4:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It's fine. The baby will never stop moving completely although that's how some of those advice books and articles make it sound.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes my doctor says that it's a good sin

cat708

Answer by cat708 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010