how often do you wash your carpet?

I'm using resolve powder for the first time and I love it! the carpet doesnt look brand spankin new, but all the stains are gone and it looks great! and I like the smell lol. I would assume doing this constantly isnt good for the carpet or for our health (since there are chemicals). how often do you wash your carpet?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 4:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Home & Garden

• whenever I feel like it since I hate doing it lol.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Twice a year, the spring clean thing, to get it ready for summer and then soon here to get it ready for the holidays. But, your right with the powder thing, after a couple of uses of that stuff, it's a total 'bitch' to get out of the carpet and wrecks havoc on the fibers.
    MsIrene05

Answer by MsIrene05 at 4:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i used to do it seasonally (4 times a year) but now i have no carpets! I have all hardwood and tile now with just a few throw rugs
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• oh I LOVE resolve.. for those extra hard juice stains I use the spray and scrub.. but yes I love it.

I vacuum every day to every other day.. and typically wash it every month with our carpet cleaner.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I use the steam cleaner probably about 3 times a year and whenever there is a spill or accident that needs cleaned up. Sometimes I will just use resolve instead of dragging out the steam cleaner.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I vacuum a few times a week and I have my DH use the carpet cleaner on a monthly basis
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010