I need a good but inexpensive birthday idea

My son's 6th birthday is coming up. I want to save most of what i've saved for christmas. What can i do to make this special for him but not spend too much? Presents don't count.

jolee0222

Asked by jolee0222 at 4:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Is there some where he loves to go? Or some movie hes been wanting to see? his favorite place to eat?
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 4:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Do its somewhere he loves to go like the park.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 4:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Take him to the Zoo or Aquarium. Or do something that he really likes! Then dinner of his favorite foods and a big cake!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Do you have a Wii? Invite all of his friends over for cheap take out pizza and some Wii. This ,of course, only works if you already have one.
    dmelyoung

Answer by dmelyoung at 4:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Take him and one friend to one of those cheap pizza buffets and bring cup cakes. That's what we did and he and his friend got 35 tokens each! He was thrilled!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My daughter's 5th is coming in a few weeks, and we were out of ideas. My BFF (her godmother) is letting us throw it there (our apt is TINY) and we're going to do make your own english muffin pizza, pinata, and maybe 1-2 more activities.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Have him pick a couple of friends to make pizzas have cake and watch movies. Or have them camp out in your back yard or take them camping, that's an idea! Your not alone mama!!
    Amazonmom732

Answer by Amazonmom732 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• ASk him what he wants/to do?
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010