Leg Pain/Bruising

I am 20 years old. I have a 5 month old baby. I have been extremely clumsy lately, falling over and knocking into everything. I am bruising like crazy and slight touches to my legs hurt. Last night I was sitting on the couch with my aunt and she poked my leg- nothing hard at all - it hurt way more than it should have or I would have expected it to. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Health

• if you don't have enough of a fat layer in the area, you will bruise easier as the fat acts like a cushion.

if you have issues of your blood not clotting well, you will bruise easier too.

vitamin C deficiency also can cause you to bruise easily.

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:42 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I have some huge thighs lol.
    I havent been cut or anything to bleed in the last few months - except one time and it took an unusually long time to stop. Not long enough that I thought I should get help - just alot longer than it used to take. Why would my blood not be clotting so well ?
    Thank you!
    Anonymous

• I'd take some vitamin C and see if that helps first.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 10:53 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• you could be a hemophiliac. do you get nose bleeds often? or do your joints feel stiff? is there any pain or bruising in your joints? {{{ those are all symptoms of hemophilia}}
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:56 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I have a thing of Womens One-a-Days - I dont take them - but if I did would that be enough Vitamin C?
    I never get nose bleeds. I do have really stiff joints though. Everytime I move they all crack and my fingers get stuck in positions sometimes- not bad - I just have to move them alot to get them back to normal. My right hip joint hurts really bad about 60% of the time.
    Anonymous

• vitamin C is not easily absorbed, when you take like a 100% daily value of it all at once, you will only absorb a small portion of it into your body.

I always take my vitamin twice a day.

the joint stuff you've mentioned also can be symptoms of vitamin C deficiency.

try to eat foods high in vitamin C (don't worry, it's not all oranges LOL) papaya, red bell peppers, broccoli, cantaloupe, cauliflower
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:04 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• Alright thanks alot !
    Anonymous

• Just wanted to add, these symptoms you are having could also be fibromyligia. I was recently dx with it. I have some of the same symptoms you mentioned. I'd go ahead and try the Vitamin C thing first, but if that doesn't seem to help, you should do some research on Fibro. If you think you may have fibro and want to talk pm me!!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:13 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• If you need some good vitamins let me know. I know some good ones and work great.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 10:49 PM on Oct. 18, 2008