Help! i want to get pregnant again but my hubby has a vesectomy???

2yrs ago my husband and i made the decision that we were done haveing kids so he got a vesectomy. he used one of the states top doctors and got a whole inch tooken out of his tube which usually the dr only take 1/2 and inch out, but we were sure. we have a 2yr old, 3yr old, and 6yr old. but i feel my heart leaning toward having another baby. please if you don't have nothing nice to say dont say it at all. is there a place to get a reversal for cheap but very good dr or mybe pro bono? i have dreams of haveing another baby and it is really hurting me. please any knowledge or success stories would be apriciated

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• Sorry but vasectomy reversal is usually not a cheap process. I doubt there are any doctors that do that kind of elective procedure 'pro bono'. I believe it's usually not covered by insurance, either. However first place to start is to meet with a urologist and find out if it's even an option for you guys and how much it would cost. Once you know your options, you can go from there.
    If reversal is not an option, then can you guys use a sperm donor or adopt? Or if you're just looking to scratch the baby itch, what about doing respite care for infants through the foster care system?
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have heard of reversing a tubal, but never a vasectomy
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Here's info on reversal -- http://www.vasectomyinfo.com/
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My friend is wanting to reverse her husbands vasectomy and its $7,000. I do think she is nuts! She has checked around and thats about as cheap as it gets and there is no guarantee. They are more likly going to do it they also have 3 kids.I doubt anyone will do it free so if you guys want it done it will be expensive.
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My 30 yo son has had a vasectomy and my 22 yo son is scheduled to have one in Nov. We have a horrible genetic disease in my family and all of my sons have it. My oldest son had a stillborn baby. My middle son is 27 and he had a baby that was diagnosed with the disease at 12 mo and is now 24 mo. He is in pain an miserable 90% of the time. They want no more children with the disease.

So what if they or thier wives want babies. Artificial insemination. Do it yourself or sperm bank. It's easy and free if you do it yourself. It isn't very expensive to get sperm from the sperm bank.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I didn't think a vasectomy had a very good reversal rate...I could be wrong... There is always going together to choose a sperm Donner or adoption. Or Sperm aspiration for fertilization. None of those options are much cheaper though... Well, Adoption through foster care isn't to bad cost wise as I understand it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2010