how often do you go on dates?

i haven't been on a date with my husband for about a year. my friends say we should be going out more but i just don't have the time. we have 2 sons now and i work at night. i know we should do it but come on! i'm exhausted from working and taking care of 2 kids, 2 and 2 months.

ejrmom

Asked by ejrmom at 4:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• You need to make the time. How about a lunch date?
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 4:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We hardly ever do. So I couldn't tell ya. But a lunch date sounds nice. Find anytime you can together.
    Wonderlust

Answer by Wonderlust at 4:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I haven't been out on a date with dh in 3 years. We are trying to plan a short holiday alone together.
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 6:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• We have been together for 6+ years and have been on 4 or 5 dates in that time...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• every anniversray, and birthday, we are 2 days apart!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My dh and I have been married 7.5 years married. We have a datenight every month! We make that time b/c it is so important. We make it work despite 2 careers, I am in grad school, son in preschool, etc.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Hardly ever. I am not one to leave my kids with sitters, I just don't trust anyone. Including family. Sad but true sometimes. But now that my oldest is 12 and has had Red Cross training, we do leave her alone with her sister who is 5 sometimes for a short time. Just this year started this. And now they are both in school. So Husband takes off early from work, he nows has tons of leave he can use since we never went anywhere, and we go on dates while kids are in school.
    Carol936

Answer by Carol936 at 8:12 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• We have our ups and downs. We tend to go out more in the winter as there is not much to entertain. In the summer we are both very busy at work and tired at the end of the day. We also have a pool, so we get in that to relax and enjoy ourselves.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:38 PM on Sep. 17, 2010