How soon is too soon to get pregnant again?

punkin7901

Asked by punkin7901 at 4:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I had a c-section but I was told I should wait at least one year. I know people who have gotten pregnant after 3 months!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I mean you can really get pregnant anytime...but you should give your body sometime to get back to normal. I've always heard you should wait 1-2 years between pregnancies. It's very hard on your body it needs a break.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Well when ever you want. but they do recommend 18months to give your body time to heal and build back up it system.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Everybody is different. For me I felt like I needed a year before trying again. My sister-in-law had her first 3 very close together. Her first was born in March, the next one in February, and the third in December of the same year.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Most HCP recomend waiting at least 18 months between pregnancies. The WHO recomends 3 years.

I personally think waiting about 18-20 months before TTC again is a good space between children but that's just me and what works for my family.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My son will be 8 months at the end of this month and we've been trying to TTC for 2 months now (going onto our 3nd).... We want our kids close together... My doctor gave me the good ahead... IT'S UP TO YOU and what you can handle!
    K-RydesMommy

Answer by K-RydesMommy at 9:01 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• LIke the others have said, it varies. People who specialize in pregnancy will tell you that your body not only needs time to heal after birth but it also needs time to replenish. Your body will give everything to the growing baby. If you were deficient during your pregnancy, your body gave whatever stores you had to the fetus. This is especially important for iron and calcium.
    so, in the months following birth, you should continue to eat well and nourish your own body to prepare for a future pregnancy. Ideally this will be about 9 + months post partum.

Good Luck !
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 1:04 AM on Sep. 18, 2010

• Wait at least two years is what I have always heard
    soccerfanatic14

Answer by soccerfanatic14 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 19, 2010