Angel Ministries or Market Day?

Both programs do good, but which do you like?

Angel Ministries buys food from suppliers at volume discounts and provides families about $65 worth of food for $30. It is not out of date products, but I feel it is not the healthiest. No qualifications, minimums, income restrictions, applications needed...just go online, view the deals, order, pay, and choose a location near you and that's it. You pay up front and you do wait almost two weeks for the food.

Part of me is happy to help, but I still like my Market Day that helps my child's school and has healthier choices to order online. I like the convenience of their products and choices. I admit the costs are not the greatest, but the money goes for needed items that the education system cannot pay with all the budget cuts. Also, I don't pay up front until I have the products.

Have you ever ordered from either place? What is your opinion?

JOCKEYP2PMOM

Asked by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 4:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Food & Drink

• We have used Angel Food from our church. The food is ok but I feel like it doesn't take into account nutritional values of the food it uses. I've never heard of Market Day.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 4:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Never heard of market day. Haven't actually used angel food, because either I don't like the menu or I don't think about it til it's too late to order for the month.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 6:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Haven't heard of Market Day and I have heard of Angel Food Ministries but I have never used it
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Market day is ridiculously expensive.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• never have used either one the best deals can usually be found at farmers markets and by using menu planning and coupons. Stockpiling the basics and adding what I need weekly with the sales and coupons.
    steveiguana

Answer by steveiguana at 7:43 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Market Day is very expensive, and very little money goes to the school. You may as well buy the food at the grocery store and then give the school a few bucks - you both end up ahead. Seriously, $15 for tub of chocolate chip mix? The school gets $2, and you could have abought the same amount or more at Costco for half the price.
    Maureenmich

Answer by Maureenmich at 8:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2010