How do you get a 1 1/2 year old to sleep through the night?

My daughter is about 1 1/2 and she does suffer from occasional Night Terrors, but that is not an every night occurance anymore.
I have tried many different foods to try to help her sleep and lavender baby wash. Does any one else have any other suggestions.

Elysabyth

Asked by Elysabyth at 4:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It's normal for children to wake until they are 3 or older. What humans have always done is breastfed and slept with their children. They are afraid when they wake up because it is hard wired in their brain to want to be with their mother to be safe. Some babies adapt to modern parenting. Some just psychologically give up. We don't know the long term consequences. Lavender body wash is very irritating to me. All of the common baby products bother my allergies and senses including Aveeno. Read all the chemical that are in them. I'm ok with Organic Sleep Balm by Badger. It's normal for toddlers under 3 to nurse at night. A 1.5 yo may nurse 2-3 times. If she is weaned she may be hungry.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• do you co sleep? My kids always woke more when we co slept but at 12mos I put my 2 yr old in the room with her sister and she slept well ever since she adjusted. What do you do when she wakes?
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• how do you get an almost 3 year old to sleep through the night :) good luck
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Take a stroll right before bed time it always help my daughter sleep through the night.
    MrsCozart

Answer by MrsCozart at 4:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my dd didnt start sleeping through the night until she was almost 2 and she sometimes still wakes. However my 1yr old sleeps pretty well during the night. It depends on the child.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 4:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My kids are 3 & 4 and have yet to ever slept all the way through a single night... My sister was a teen before she started... It's just something that comes with age and it's going to be different for every kid.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2010