How would you handle this?

My husband's Grandma has this little poodle dog that is viscous. The dog is so mean no one can hug Grandma or the dog will attack them. She and her husband don't share a bed anymore so the husband won't get bitten. Now if they want to keep this terrible little dog that is their problem. But she takes it with her everywhere and it growls at my son. Both of them are senile and think its funny and cute. They are going to be coming over for a visit tomorrow and I am going to tell her the dog has to stay in the car. Is this wrong? What do you think? I swear if that dog ever bites my baby I will break its neck with my bare hands.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pets

• No, that isn't wrong. That dog has no right being around you or your family if it cannot behave itself.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Maybe not the car....I would pput the dog in the back yard or maybe try locking it in a room it cant destroy....an extra bathroom is always a good idea.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 4:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree with you. Keep the dog out of the house so there's no chance of him biting the baby. keeping him in the car depends on the weather though. if it's hot you don't want her to be charged with animal neglect if it dies LOL. throw him in the backyard or something
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• You could ask that the dog be left at home because of the biting and aggression, or tell them he/she would have to stay out, but not in a car.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 4:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Do what you need to protect your family.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 4:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I say leave the dog home, if thats not a option then I say have her bring a leash and leave in leashed to the fence, I wouldnt leave it in the car it could destroy the seats and she would have to go get it to have it go to the bathroom.
    momtoonein06

Answer by momtoonein06 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Ask her to leave the dog at home or put it in a crate in a quiet place in the house. I have a little Chihuahua that I have had only a few months and I can relate to how attached you can get to a little dog. In general a dog won't bite if a growl will work, it is how dogs communicate. Little dogs growl to compensate for their size. It doesn't sound like you are interested in understanding, you just don't want the dog around.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Let your husband deal with it. It is his grandparents and he can take care of things. I don't think you will have problems with it biting your child as long as grandma and grandpa aren't holding it when they approach your son or vice versa. Poodles can have this wierd tendancy and unfortunately this one has been allowed to dominate. It is your house and you have the right to let them know they need to bring a kennel or tiedown so the dog can be secure while you visit. Hugs !! :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 5:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2010