Is anyone trying to teach their teen how to drive?

nehi81

Asked by nehi81 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I've done it 3 times. I taught 2 of them to drive a standard transmission. We decided the youngest should stick with an automatic. My sons have been good drivers.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 4:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I was the one who rode with my teen/taught my teen while he was accumulating his required hours for purposes of getting his driver's license. How's it going for you???
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• OMG yes. son is 15 and got his permit a few months ago. pass the prozac and a spliff, please :)
    CFMPprincess

Answer by CFMPprincess at 7:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• good luck =)
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• A few years ago it was our twin sons. Now we are working with our daaughter. And I've got another coming in 2 yrs.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• UGH yes!! ANd it isn't easy. Good Luck. Sign them up for safty courses.
    GPSGKR

Answer by GPSGKR at 11:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My parents didn't teach me to drive...My sister did and I learned better from her then my parents because they got frustrated fast.

Sign them up for classes...I wasn't allowed to drive my moms car until I took the driving part of the class.

I know that honda offers classes that teaches kids how to drive on ice or snow and rain.
    Smiley001

Answer by Smiley001 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• My husband and I taught our oldest how to drive. She's now 18 and an excellent driver. Now it's on to our 16 yo and she doesn't seem too anxious to learn. But I did tell her that if she doesn't learn before her brother's old enough to start, then she loses her turn. Anyway, I won't send them to the classes because it's over $400 and they only spend 6 hours behind the wheel. We gave dd at least 5 times that much before she took her driving test.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 2:19 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• Yes, I have two teens with learner's permits.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:52 PM on Sep. 17, 2010

• yes but i have to say i have pawned this chore off on my own father (grandpa) because he taught me to drive and he has way more stamina for it than i do........
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:27 AM on Sep. 18, 2010