Have you seen that "scary" Adult Pertussis commericial?

The commercial is scary so I asked my doctor about my husband and I getting the Adult Pertussis vaccine and he said we didn't need it! He said that my daughter (4 months now) had the first round of the vaccine so there's no reason why adults should consider getting it. Then why the commercial and the big scare for parents? Does anyone know?

carol2m2

Asked by carol2m2 at 4:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I haven't seen that commercial, but I have had pertussis as an adult and I will tell you, it was not pleasant. I was sick for months, so even if you don't think you need it for your children, you may want to get it to protect yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2010

• It's a push for the vaccine people. If they can get you to get it, they get more money.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• It's a scare tactic for new parents. I am pro-vax but that commercial is over the top.
    xChasingxAmyx

Answer by xChasingxAmyx at 5:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• They are trying to scare parents in to vaccinating for the same reasons they try to scare parents in to vaccinating their children... Scare tactics make vaccine companies, doctors and big Pharma LOTS of money!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• That commercial is ridiculous.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Money making as usual I guess.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2010