I've been having a hard time to decide on when is the best time to take my baby out of the house.... I worry that she does not nap well when she is outside and therefore sometimes feel that I have to stay home so she gets enough sleep during the day. I do want to get out and about but need some advice!!!!

vmerlin

Asked by vmerlin at 5:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• get a baby sling or wrap. She will sleep very well snuggled up with mom. Get out and have some fun!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 5:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Just go. She'll sleep in the car seat.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 5:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Wear her, get a wrap/sling. I promise she'll cuddle up and go to sleep.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Kids will adapt to you. Just gotta give em the chance! This is going to sound harsh but don't let YOUR life revolve around a baby. If you need to go to the store, go. They truly do adapt a lot better than we give them credit for.
    xChasingxAmyx

Answer by xChasingxAmyx at 5:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I'd just go, she'll sleep if she gets too tired, she'll take a nap later, or just sleep better at night
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 5:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Ditto to the above.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 5:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I agree she will adjust. But you could plan your errands for the time she has just woken from a nap and is well fed. You don't say how long she is awake between naps. I used to head out when the baby woke and then played it by ear. Plenty of times he napped in the car seat.. Relax and enjoy. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• depending on how old ur baby is when my daughter was about 8 months i got her on scedule and have stuck to it every since she is now 2 so the naps have cut down to one a day but it makes it perfect to take them out if there on a scedule
    aggheff08

Answer by aggheff08 at 7:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Put her in a sling or carrier and go. Even if she doesn't nap she'll be ok missing it once in a while.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• u had that same feeling at the begining but soon figure out that when baby is sleepy he will sleep anywhere from the carseat on your arms on a sling or baby carrier on the stroller so any where you take yout baby she will find some time to nap
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 7:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2010