OMGosh! did he really just say that??

i told my ds/5yo he had to clean up his playroom before he went outside. 20mins later, it's still a huge mess. when i told him again to get the job done, he said, ''if you didn't want me to make a mess, you should'nt have bought me all this stuff!!"
(markers, coloring pages, legos, hotwheels...not a whole toystore, but it's scattered all over the floor.)

really?? nice attempt to pass the buck, little man. i don't think this will end well....
typical 5yo?

dullscissors

Asked by dullscissors at 5:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would put his toys away for awhile and see how he likes that. Nip it in the bud mama......lol that was cute tho......
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Okay obviously he is a smart cookie. I'd have said okay, you are right and if you want mom to pick it up you will have to earn it back. Everything starts going into gallon size baggies. Earns one back at a time. My daughter HATES when I do this and really moves to put her stuff away when I just mention it.
    cwgrlvic

Answer by cwgrlvic at 5:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• oh yes very typical!! that sounds just like my 5 y/o!! LOL you should grab a trash bag, fill it up with his toys and when he asks what you're doing tell him "you said i shouldn't have bought you all this stuff so i'm taking it back" LOL i wonder what his reaction will be then
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• That's just funny!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Oh, that's an easy one.... TAKE all his stuff. Make sure he's there to help you put it in a garbage bag. Then when he's not looking, hide it in your closet or something.

My mom would do that "if you don't want to take care of your stuff, I'll throw it away". Then she'd save it in her closet and wrap stuff up and give it back to us for Xmas or Birthdays. I hated it... but at this point I can definitely see the point in it.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 5:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My daughter has said the same thing, the little stinker.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 5:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• sounds like my hubby when he was that age...his mom always said he was a smartass.....cute but I would still make him clean it up.
    sweet_mamaof3

Answer by sweet_mamaof3 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yup sounds like my drama queen! know what i did. i made her fill a big trash bag of stuff that we took to the salvation army!! oooo mean mama. I know its not her fault that we spoil her (how can you not spoil your kids) but it sure made her thankful for all she does have!!!
    Amazonmom732

Answer by Amazonmom732 at 7:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• omgosh! lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i didn't want to scare him into thinking i'd throw it all away, although i was tempted!! he's already made a huge improvement in the ten minutes since his 2nd warning..either he's testing me, or i'm pms-ing! LOL!
    dullscissors

Comment by dullscissors (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2010