Are you afraid of giving birth to a big baby?

And what is your idea of big?

Roadfamily6now

Asked by Roadfamily6now at 5:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For me it was my 8LB baby boy. I have a small frame was told there was no way I could deliver a baby over 7 lbs. Well my son came and lets just say he ripped me a new @$$ hole. The midwife was surprised I actually did i with no epidural.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• big to me is 8+ pounds. her daddy is a big guy anyway so i'm hoping she won't be too big. my first was only 7.6 lbs
    jolee0222

Answer by jolee0222 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• 9-10 lbs. I am not afraid but my doc was so they induced. She was a petite 7,5
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My first was 8 1/2 lbs... big would be closer to the end of 10. I labored and birthed her without meds.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Yes!
    Over 8 is big to me!
    kelliehelvie

Answer by kelliehelvie at 5:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No and I consider 8lb babies to be healthy, not big.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• my first was 8lb 8oz. for my size that is huge! the dr said she didnt tell me how much the baby weighed because she didnt want to scare me. i think the baby i'm carrying now will be smaller, and it is a relief.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• No... Not at all. My children were 9lbs 5ozs and 8lbs 4oz. I'm hoping this one is at least 9lbs... I actually prefer bigger babies because they tend to be stronger and because you can skip over the "newborn" clothes and diapers which they are only going to be in for a few weeks... Now, would I be nervous to have a 15 or 17lb baby? Yes... But only because I'm not really sure I could physically do so without a c-section. I have a friend who's son was 11lbs 5ozs... And honestly, I think I could even handle that without an issue - she did...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Small frame doesn't necessarily mean you will have trouble birthing a healthy sized baby... just a common misconception our society loves to freak pregnant women with.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 5:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My DD is pregnant with twins, and I'm very scared for her. She is so excited she hasn't said anything about it yet.......but I'll be there for her for sure. She is tiny and weighs maybe 103.....so I'm scared for sure.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2010