You have 2 or more kids in a sport after school, both with games not just practices on the same day. Which do you go too?

My daughters are 12 and 5. Oldest is in middle school volleyball and youngest in youth league soccer. Soccer games are now 2 days a week and Volleyball games are usually 2 days a week also. No more practices, just games in soccer, but volleyball has practice when no games. Unfortunately lots of times the games are on same days, pretty much same times. Right now, their dad and I switch off which we go too.

Carol936

Asked by Carol936 at 5:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would not go to either so, no ones feelings would get hurt. I would also explain why I was not going to either.
    hope5765

Answer by hope5765 at 5:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I would do what you are doing. Switching of is a good idea. Or go to half the game then go to the other ones for half the game. Ask your kids how they feel about it. See what your kids say. Maybe they don't mind the way you are doing it?
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 5:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I usually take my oldest son with me. I go to the first game until it is time to get to the second. My oldest son stays with one. They don't get their feelings hurt. They understand...... BTW, I am currently trying to get my son enrolled in Drivers ed so he can help drive one to where he needs to go.
    eluc

Answer by eluc at 5:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• My husband and I would handle the same way you are handling it.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• alternate...go to one game one time and the other the next...that is fair...or if possible dad goes to one and mom goes to the other and alternate...and of course explain to your children how it is going to work
    MamaCortney

Answer by MamaCortney at 11:32 AM on Sep. 17, 2010