Late night snacker!!! :(

Ive been doing Weight Watchers for a little over a week now, and have lost 3 lbs so far..
I do really good throughout the day, but once the kids are in bed and its time to relax, I find myself ready for snacks. Ive always eaten mostly at night which I know is a bad habit, but what can I do to help stop?? I snack mostly on WW desserts, like the WW choc. cakes, brownies, ice creams.. I also have been eating rice cakes.
But once I eat one of those things I always want more. I usually have points left at the end of the day and just use them all up eating snacks.. I cant seem to control myself! I do count them, and have dipped into my weekly allowence points.. Any advice to help curb my late night sweet tooth??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Why not try healthier alternatives to all the sugary and salty sweets? A soft pretzel, carrots and broccoli with low-fat ranch, celery and peanut butter, or even fresh fruit. I don't know how the point system works, but it may be a better alternative.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 6:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• the good news is, there's a pattern... try making a bee line to the bathtub with a book or straight to your bed room with some knitting. if you relocate and break the pattern, i bet you can make this work
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 6:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I have the same problem! My thing now is salty foods so I have been buying pickles, the hamburger slice kind that i can just snack on lol. They are zero calories so i don't completely blow my calorie intake for the day. I love pickles so i have found this is a good snack for me. A regular sized pickle is like 5 calories or something so i can eat as many of these little slices as i want!
    MissAlisabeth

Answer by MissAlisabeth at 5:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The simple version is to just stop. Once you stop for awhile, you won't want them anymore. But some ways to stop is to not buy all those snack foods or keep them somewhere you can't access them (like leave them at work or lock them up and give the key to someone?) Try doing other things like reading, taking a bath, crochet, puzzles, something that is not conducive to eating or just go to bed early! Good luck!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 5:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• that's where my diet always fails me....those late night snacks! I'll be checking back for answers, i would like to know as well!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• If I get hungry in the evening I have an apple or baby carrots
    ooksanab25

Answer by ooksanab25 at 7:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• drink a huge glass of water. Like a liter or more. It'll stop your sweet tooth.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Brush your teeth and call it night as to eating anything.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think you're craving them because your body is used to them and because they're full of refined carbs that don't really satisfy. If you're actually hungry (tummy growling) it's better to have a protein (like a 50-calorie cheesestick) before bed. You could also try some tea, chew some gum, or brush your teeth. Once you get out of the habit, you won't think about it every night. Good luck!
    MamaDee2003

Answer by MamaDee2003 at 1:42 PM on Sep. 17, 2010