Why does life have to be so damn tough finanaically all the time. I want to stay at home with my daughter but wouldnt be abe to survive with all my outstanding debt. It kills me inside. I just want to be home with my little girl

TaylorBuz

Asked by TaylorBuz at 10:59 PM on Oct. 17, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you considered applying for a license to run a child care in your home? I know it varies from state to state, but many of my dear friends in Georgia do this so that they can stay at home with their kids all while earning a substantial income.
    sgalsmommy

Answer by sgalsmommy at 11:03 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I waitress at night so i can spend more time with my son. I don't get to see him all the time- but we get to spend our days together. I work at a nice resteraunt and the money is okay (but there aren't any benefits)
    Anonymous

• I now how you feel. you are not alone...I have to work to keep us above the water and it is just so sad. I'm lucky that I have been able to cut back to part time but it still sucks to miss so much time. The in home daycare is a good idea if that works for you. I couldn't do it myself.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:34 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I know!!! I work part time and my poor husband works really hard. We have to do without a lot (new clothes, nice cars, going out to dinner) but you do what you have too.

One thing that helped us get out of debt was setting a strict budget. Track your spending for a month and see what you can cut down. We used our debit cards for everything for a month to make sure we got it right. Then created a spread sheet with all our spending. One of our biggest expenses, my husbands lunch during the week! We trimmed that down to about $5 a day Monday-Friday.

Good luck! eventually you can make it happen
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• I felt that way too and I owrked but here I am years later we are Living on so much less and I am staying home with my baby. I missed so much and now I know I could have done it then but I didn;t know as much as I do now. I wasn't willing to do without what I thought were necessitys and now I know I can.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 11:44 PM on Oct. 17, 2008

• first answer is a good idea. i believe ashworth university online has a childcare course and its relatively inexpensive, everything is included in tuition: books, shipping,everything, can take tests online open book i believe.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 12:19 AM on Oct. 18, 2008

• I'm in the same boat, it sucks!
    Madalynns_mom07

Answer by Madalynns_mom07 at 1:54 PM on Oct. 20, 2008