What do yu thnk about "Young Mothers?"

Are they capable?

KaylieMommie

Asked by KaylieMommie at 5:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• how young are we talking?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The age of a woman does not determine how "capable" she is of being a good mother. Obviously younger moms have different struggles than older moms, but they can be just as good, or even better moms than women who are older.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• i am one and i think i am fully capable of raising my children

navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• What age do u consider a mother to be a young mother? Ppl have different ages
    mama2005

Answer by mama2005 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• some are, some arent. just like with any other age group of mothers.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Very much so. I had my DD at 19 & I personally believe i am a very kick ass mother (i am 28 now). This is an old argument though. Anyone should know by now that young moms certainly can be great moms. They may not be rich...LOL but kids mostly need lots of love & attention & if they get plenty of that from their young mom, then she is also a kick ass mom. As long as her kids come first in her life, that is all that matters
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 5:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I had my daughter when I was 18 .She is almost 7 now and doing great.So I think yes
    ooksanab25

Answer by ooksanab25 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I think everyone has the capability. I think younger moms often have more to sacrifice. I had my DD when I was 29 and at that point I didn't miss my old life, but I was glad I had my 20's to be young, care free and adventurous. I think if I had a child a lot earlier I might have felt tied down and like I was missing out on parts of life. But there are young moms who feel that way and carry on because you just don't get to go out four nights a week when you have a baby at home, and there are young moms who don't care and go out anyway. For that matter, there are moms who do the same things at 35, so you can't just generalize anything by age. But for me I wouldn't have been as good a mom at 22 as I was at 29. I hope my DD has some life experience, time for herself and to develop a relationship with a partner before she becomes a mother herself.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 5:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• The type of Mother you are does not have to do with age....it has to do with how you were raised, how responsible you are and many other things.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 5:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• I am a young mother and I AM VERY CAPABLE.I think parenting is determined by the parent,Not the age get over it,I know good teen moms n bad teen moms just like I know older moms that arent so great and older moms that are great!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2010