What do you think?

My childrens godmother was in a small accident today. She was stopped at a light and someone stopped behind her. Out of nowhere the person behind her hit the gas and she hit the steering wheel. The car was fine and she was late for work so she didn't bother to get insurance information. Now she has back and neck pains but I'm like fighting her tooth and nail to go to the hospital. Do you guys agree with me? She says she's gonna go home and lay down and if she's still not feeling better tomorrow then she'll go to the hospital.

reigndrops12689

Asked by reigndrops12689 at 5:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2010 in Health

• Sounds like whiplash to me. If it is she'll be even more sore tomorrow. The Dr/ER will do an assessment and then give her some pain meds to go home with. I generally opt out of going to the Dr/ER for things like that because I know there is really nothing they can do for you. But if you think it's something more, a concussion for example, then she really should go get checked out.
    smileyashmommy

Answer by smileyashmommy at 5:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yes she need to goto hospital, and its to bad she didn't get the info from that other person.. She should have gone to hospital right of way even though she wasn't in any pain..
    seabrezze_11

Answer by seabrezze_11 at 5:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• For insurance purposes, and any claims that might be filed, she should go to her Dr or hospital
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 6:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• She needs to get her pain documented. If she knows the persons name, or their license plate number, she can still track him down and make him pay for her doctor's appointments.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 6:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• she is probably going to be sore for a couple days, but yes i would say she needs to go to the doctor.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Go tho the hosp
    ZOOMZOOMCANTOR

Answer by ZOOMZOOMCANTOR at 6:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• Id go get checked out......regardless........some people just dont feel the real pain til hours, days later......and then what?

And even if the person did no damage.......still, I would've wanted documentation and exchange of info....for that..just in case time....like now.

Hope all stays Ok for her!
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 6:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2010

• yeah she needs to go to dr
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 7:50 PM on Sep. 19, 2010